Axology Language Playground

Ax got a word for you. When I feel inspire if I stumble into something linguistically omoshiroi, I will share it here on Axology, my language playground.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Creating Tooltip on Blog

Hi,

Actually, the popup css is natively supported by any
recent browser so you don't need to add anything to your
css. However, in order to show the user where a popup is
available, I have a style for changing the mouse cursor
and the color on hover (doesn't work for IE)

.popup {
cursor: help;
text-decoration: none
}
span.popup:hover {
text-decoration:none;
color: rgb(159,20,26);
}

You can put this in your blogger template where the css is
defined.

To actually use this, you put a span tag over the text you
want the tool tip to pop up like so.

some text

-Regards
Tae Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home